Any dog age 4 months or older must have a license. The dog owner must provide proof of rabies and proof of altering* (if applicable).
*Altered = spayed or neutered
License year - October 1 through September 30.
Hunting - small game, big game, muzzleloading requires a previous hunting license or hunter education certificate.
Trapping - trapping or junior trapping requires a previous trapping license or trapper education course.
Bowhunting - bowhunting or junior archery requires both hunting (see above) and bowhunting training.
- New York State residents are entitled to combination, junior trapping, senior, or individual resident licenses.
- DMV license identification
- Affidavit plus criteria (where do you vote?)
- Non-residents can purchase only non-resident licenses, except for junior archery and junior hunting licenses
- Junior archery and junior hunting provide the same privilege at same price to both residents and non-residents.
|$5.00||Senior Sportsman age 65 or military disability* (40% or greater)|
|19.00||Small & big game|
|16.00||Bowhunting (big game license req’d)|
|16.00||Muzzleloading (big game license req’d)|
|37.00||Small game, big game and fishing/Sportsman *|
|68.00||Fishing, small game, big game, bowhunting, muzzleloading and turkey permit/Super Sportsman*|
|25.00||7 day license ( must be consecutive)|
|6.00||Jr. Trapping (under 16)|
|9.00||Jr. Archery (14 - 15 years)|
|250.00||Hunting, fishing, bowhunting, muzzleloading and turkey permit/Non-resident Super Sportsman*|
|55.00||Small game with gun or bow*|
|110.00||Deer with gun, muzzleloader, or bow with proof of bow ed.*|
|110.00||Deer only with a bow*|
|110.00||Deer only with a muzzleloader*|
|30.00||Wild turkey only*|
*See NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Hunting & Trapping Guide
Any person 16 years or older must obtain a fishing license. A New York State driver’s license is needed to prove residency. Licenses are valid one year from the date of purchase.
|$25.00||Annual Age 16-69|
|5.00||Annual Age 70+ and Military/Disabled with a 40% or More Disability|
|12.00||7 day license (must be consecutive) 16+|
|5.00||1 day 16+|
|28.00||7 day license (must be consecutive) 16+|
|10.00||1 day 16+|
Lifetime Fishing Licenses: Available to New York State Residents Only
|$460.00||Lifetime Fishing Age 0-69|
|65.00||Lifetime Fishing Age 70+|
Age: If applicants are under 18 years of age, written consent of both parents is necessary. If either applicant is 14 or 15 years of age they must present written consent from a justice of the Supreme Court or judge of the Family Court having jurisdiction over the town or city in which the application is made.
If both applicants are 18 years of age or older, no consent is required.
Proof of Age
Two forms of ID are required, each showing date of birth. The following are acceptable documents to support information submitted by marriage license applicants:
- Driver's License
- Non-Driver's License
- Naturalization Papers
- Military ID Card
- Employer's Photo ID (must have birth date)
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate
- Baptismal or other Church Record established by one year of age.
For previous marriages, the following is required:
- Certified Copy of Death Certificate if last marriage ended in death
- Certified Copy of Divorce Decree or Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage for any or all marriage(s) ended in divorce.
License Fee and Requirements
- 24 hour waiting period
- license is valid for 60 days beginning the day after it is issued
- any and all divorce decrees or certificates of dissolution of previous marriages are necessary
- $40 license fee
- $10 certified copy of license
These requirements are per the New York State Department of Health, Vital Records Section.
3809 County Route 51
Hannacroix, NY 12087
Phone: (518) 756-6671
Ext. 2: Tax Collector, Diane Jordan
Ext. 5: Town Clerk, Barb Finke
Ext. 6: Zoning/Planning/Building, Allan Jourdin & Marjorie Loux
Ext. 7: Town Supervisor, Jeff Ruso
Ext. 8: Assessor, Justin Maxwell
Fax: (518) 756-8880
Phone: (518) 756-2078
Fax: (518) 756-3078
Justices Huff and Melewski, Kimberly Ruby/Lynne Layman-Wallace
Greene County Sheriff
Phone: (518) 756-3300